1. It opened our eyes to the marvelous world of Sports Genetics.
2. And invited Prof. Hercules Callanta of UPD’s College of Human Kinetics.
to discuss gene doping, the makings of a champion athlete, and the genetics of athletic performance
3. As well as high school students from Christian School International in Los Baños.
to further emphasize that athleticism may be traced down to the interaction and expression of our genes, aside from the fact that it may be influenced by our discipline to hit the gym
4. GeneSoc members also read story books for the children of HOPE Intervention Center in Calamba, Laguna.
5. And helped the kids to paint on tote bags as part of the HOPE Intervention: One Gene, One Child program.
IQlympics is dubbed as the most brain-draining general info quiz contest in UPLB.
9. Where some thought it would be a high scoring quiz contest...
18. And leave quite ready and relaxed for their "most-awaited" BIO 30 lecture exam.
23. That qualified and was announced as one of the four finalists for this year's Ten Accomplished Youth Organizations (TAYO) Awards under its Health Nutrition and Well-being category.
26. But also see members who find happiness and fulfillment with what they're doing.
27. And GeneSoc will always be glad to welcome with open arms everyone who wants to be part of its family.
28. To create more of these memories. #sestra #icecreamsoc #gabnation #squad
32. Because it is never the years that matter.
Happy 33rd anniversary, brods and sisses! #G3N3SOC
Joana Marie Cruz is a junior BS Biology major in Cell and Molecular Biology student in UPLB. She intends to pursue medical school upon graduation. Aside from writing for Genews, she also blogs and writes short stories and poems. She is currently an Education Committee member of The UPLB Genetics Society.
You may contact her through email@example.com and visit her blog at rebelbeattt.tumblr.com.
Credits to the following accounts:
Twitter | @Genesoc1983, @palacasanuplb, @rebelbttt, @emillouise, @LostBritish, @delapenakatrina, @beyayaa, @embalogs, and @janiolajp
Facebook | /Genesoc1983, /NIGQC, /vylhphilippines, /TAYOawards, and /mpmatienzo